Senior Software Engineer
Sunrise was founded by Apoorva Mehta, the founder of Instacart, and has raised $42m from Thrive, A16Z, General Catalyst, Khosla Ventures, DST, Green Oaks and others.
Sunrise’s mission is to make the highest quality healthcare accessible to everyone. Starting with chronic conditions, which impact the majority of Americans, Sunrise is building a service that allows patients to manage their holistic care including consulting with multi-specialty providers, managing medications, and engaging with a community of patients in similar situations. Sunrise is currently in stealth mode but has already seen rapid growth with active member and revenue figures roughly doubling week-over-week for the last seven weeks.
Sunrise is looking to hire founding software engineers to help us build and scale our product to millions of customers. Engineers at Sunrise are responsible for building the entire suite of technical solutions used by our customers and our partners in the medical field. You will have the ability to directly impact and influence the technical direction and delivery of both the early product and the company by:
- Designing, developing and rapidly iterating on the core Sunrise product and web application stack using technologies like NestJS/Typescript, Postgresql and the AWS suite
- Developing a complete understanding of the business by working closely and directly with partners in Product, Marketing and Operations to ensure we are solving our problems with the right technical solutions for today’s needs while keeping an eye to the future.
- Collaborating closely with your partners on the Sunrise team to build, maintain, debug, and evolve our software across the entire Sunrise technology stack
- Balancing the need to quickly deliver a stable and quality foundation for the business, while maintaining a high level of quality for the customer and partner experiences
- Thinking like a leader and owner and operating from a first-principles perspective
- 5+ years of full stack experience building modern web applications
- Prior experience building Node.js based applications at startups and/or at scale
- A solid foundation in Software Engineering, whether through a Computer Science or Software Engineering degree, or a proven ability to deliver reliable software solutions
- Strong written and verbal skills. We’re a remote team and rely heavily on asynchronous communication to collaborate and solve problems together
- Ability to quickly make decisions despite ambiguity
- Prior experience at startups or other fast-paced companies
- Prior experience building customer-facing business applications
- Prior experience with cloud-based development infrastructure like AWS, GCP or Azure
- Prior experience in the healthcare industry is not required at all but is nice to have
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Email email@example.com to apply for this role.Apply now